top of page

IRS Registration


Professionally File Taxes Online With Our Help

If you’re interesting in starting an independent tax preparation business, the first step is to officially register with the IRS (Internal Revenue Service.) In order to file tax returns professionally you will need a Preparer’s Tax Identification Number, often called a PTIN. If you would also like to be able to file returns online, you will also need an Electronic Filing Identification Number, or EFIN. National Tax Office offers support and guidance during the acquisition of your filing numbers, and will help you throughout the process.


Preparer’s Tax Identification Number (PTIN)

Your PTIN is a unique identification code that you, as a paid tax return preparer, must use when submitting federal tax returns to the IRS on behalf of others. You can acquire your own PTIN from the official IRS website ( Once your identification number has been issued, you are ready to begin filing taxes professionally.

Electronic Filing Identification Number (EFIN)

An EFIN works along with your preparer’s identification number, allowing you to file taxes electronically. To obtain the EFIN you will need to register for IRS e-services, and after authorization you will be able to file for tax returns electronically.

Registration is free, but requires various documentation including fingerprints and a background check. TaxPro Elite will guide you through the process, and provide step-by-step instructions to help ensure success.

Get Quick & Hassle Free Registration Assistance

Should you face a problem at any stage, give us a quick call and we will help you address the issue without any delay. The TaxPro Elite Team is committed to giving you every advantage while starting your own independent tax business. Working with the IRS doesn’t have to be a challenge, let us be your guide!

bottom of page